Saturday, March 27, 2010

SUNRISE THROUGH TREES

I drag myself out of bed for a spring sunrise that keeps getting earlier. Soon it will be daylight savings time, but for now, I have to get up earlier than I would like. The sky is already getting light through the trees. Instead of driving to the river, I set up in my bedroom looking out through the trees in our back yard. Once the leaves are on the trees, I won’t be able to do this, so I might as well take advantage of the view today.


Paints and palette sit on the bookshelf. I am standing on bedroom carpet. This is just wrong. I am filled with worry that I’ll drop a paintbrush. Trees painted over the sky colors seem wobbly. I feel awkward and out of place. It really doesn’t take very long to get to the river. Might be worth it next time.

But after I finish the painting, I slip back into bed.

2 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

worth getting up early! --This inspires me. I have painted out of a few of my windows. It is a nice way to paint outside---without being outside! Your sunrise is really nicely done.

Karen Lewis said...

Thanks.

It was surprisingly difficult to set up in a room not my studio. Almost easier to go out in the car, where my paint set lives. Almost.