Sunday, November 3, 2013

COLUMBIA GORGE, Pacific Northwest Plein Air Competition, Day 3

Grassy Cliffs, 12 x 16 Oil
Today's suggested location is a winery, but the place is dusty, and they are setting up for an event, so Sally and I adjourn to Chamberlain Lake Rest Area, where there is a shadowed view of the gorge cliffs.  It is windy, but I manage to duck behind a tree and avoid the worst of it.  If you want to paint out in the Gorge, you have to be willing to brave a bit of wind.

After we get back to our house, I find that I have misplaced my camera battery.  I search everywhere, including moving everything in the chaotic car.  I even drive back the next day to look on the grass where I was sitting.  Nothing.  So I buy a new battery.  Go to put it in my camera case, and there, tucked in the bottom of the pocket, is the missing battery.  I swear it wasn't there before.

2 comments:

Jan M. Flynn said...

What a gorgeous piece! Glad you found the battery. Don't suppose you can return an opened one, eh? Cheers!

Karen Lewis said...

Thanks! I think I just have an extra battery now. Not such a bad idea, though, as they don't hold a charge as long as they used to. Happy Painting to you!
K