Monday, July 7, 2008


Today I meet Erik Sandgren, and a whole lot of painters from all over the place, mostly Oregon. He has a certain sense of humor. "The dog’s name is Sage. If he walks real close to you and rubs against you, it’s called a Sage brush." Twenty plus painters disappear into corners all over the park. In the afternoon, we get together and share our paintings. Lots of big watercolors with energetic brush work. It almost made me want to paint in watercolor.
My painting spot is just at the edge of the bridge, and I sit behind a bush to stay out of the wind. The water has surprising purple and orange tones. I enjoy the variety of colors in the water and in the greens of the shore. When I quit, I am sunburned and my hands are cold. Ah, the sacrifices we make for our art.
Sorry about the poor photo of the painting. I'll take another one soon.

No comments: