Friday, August 31, 2007

DIABLO LAKE


I didn't go to Diablo Lake today. I painted at the Visitor's Center, working on Goodell Creek, which is progressing nicely. But here is the picture of Diablo Lake that I painted on Monday afternoon.

I followed the winding dead-end road down to the Diablo dam and drove across, threading my way through a busload of senior tourists who were milling around the road. On the far side of the dam, the road continued, and suddenly, this mountain view appeared between the trees. What struck me was the color of the water against the greens and the sky. I had just settled in to paint, when I rememebered seeing a sign that said the gate would close at four-thirty. This might be the fastest nine-by-twelve painting I've ever done. I did NOT want to be stuck behind that gate!

No comments: